Posted on Mar 26, 2021 by Flexology Wellness Clinic
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $40.00 to $50.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 5 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Part Time Leading to Full Time
Vacancies 3  Vacancies
Closing Date Apr 25, 2021
Flexology Wellness Clinic
- Registered Apprenticeship certificate
- or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Certification by a provincial or territorial association for massage therapists
1 year to less than 2 years
- Explain procedures, risks and benefits to clients
- Administer massage techniques through soft tissue manipulation, relaxation techniques, hydrotherapy, trigger point therapy, joint pain and lower grade mobilizations
- Suggest home care instructions and provide information about techniques
- Maintain records of treatments given
- Massage and knead muscles and soft tissues of the body
- Apply finger and hand pressure to specific points of the body
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
- Values and ethics
How to Apply
Apr 25, 2021
Interest in analyzing information obtained from tests and health care professionals to develop treatment plans; in providing courses of treatment for medical conditions, injuries and for maintenance of wellness; and in maintaining records of patients' treatments
Interest in assisting patients by providing treatment, prescribing remedial exercises and discussing follow-up care; may work with other health care professionals when appropriate
Interest in operating equipment to administer treatments; in conducting range of motion and muscle testing; and in providing massage therapy to treat medical conditions and injuries
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.