RMT (Registered Massage Therapist)
EmployerSpasation Salon & Spa
Date PostedApril 21, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $27.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Jun 20, 2022
Spasation Salon & Spa
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Certification by a provincial or territorial association for massage therapists
1 year to less than 2 years
- Assess clients by conducting range of motion and muscle tests and propose treatment plans
- Explain procedures, risks and benefits to clients
- Administer massage techniques through soft tissue manipulation, relaxation techniques, hydrotherapy, trigger point therapy, joint pain and lower grade mobilizations
- Suggest home care instructions and provide information about techniques
- Massage and knead muscles and soft tissues of the body
- Apply finger and hand pressure to specific points of the body
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
- Dental plan
- Vision care benefits
How to Apply
Jun 20, 2022
Interest in analyzing information obtained from tests and health care professionals to develop treatment plans; in providing courses of treatment for medical conditions, injuries and for maintenance of wellness; and in maintaining records of patients' treatments
Interest in assisting patients by providing treatment, prescribing remedial exercises and discussing follow-up care; may work with other health care professionals when appropriate
Interest in operating equipment to administer treatments; in conducting range of motion and muscle testing; and in providing massage therapy to treat medical conditions and injuries
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.