Posted on Sep 08, 2020 by Lazarat Roofing Ltd.
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $25.00 to $27.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 3  Vacancies
Closing Date Oct 08, 2020
Lazarat Roofing Ltd.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
Area of Specialization
- Tiled roofs
- Shingled roofs
- Conventional and inverted built-up system
- Rigid pre-formed roofing system
- Single ply sheet membrane roofing system
- Modified roofing system
- Safety equipment/gear
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Safety harness
Work Site Environment
- At heights
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Ability to Supervise
1 to 2 people
- Team player
- Client focus
Roofer Specific Skills
- Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems using materials such as asphalt saturated felts and hot asphalt and gravel
- Install, repair or replace single-ply roofing system using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric or other asphaltic compositions
- Install, repair or replace shingles, shakes and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
- Install sheet metal flashings
- Install and repair metal roofs using hand and power tools
- Apply waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level
Shingler Specific Skills
Install or replace asphalt shingles, wood shingles and shakes and masonry or baked clay roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
788 Whitemount Dr NE
Calgary, Alberta T1Y3N1
Between 08:00 AM and 05:00 PM
Oct 08, 2020
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to apply waterproof coatings to concrete and other masonry surfaces above, and below, ground level
Interest in operating hand and power tools to install and repair metal roofs
Interest in repairing roofing systems, and in installing, repairing and replacing shingles, shakes and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.