Posted on Apr 02, 2021 by Rom Bros Exteriors Inc.
Location Acheson, AB
Earnings $26.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date May 02, 2021
Rom Bros Exteriors Inc.
No degree, certificate or diploma
3 years to less than 5 years
Area of Specialization
- Tiled roofs
- Shingled roofs
- Conventional and inverted built-up system
- Rigid pre-formed roofing system
- Single ply sheet membrane roofing system
- Modified roofing system
Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
Security and Safety
Criminal record check
Work Site Environment
- At heights
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Large workload
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- Team player
- Client focus
Roofer Specific Skills
- Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems using materials such as asphalt saturated felts and hot asphalt and gravel
- Install, repair or replace single-ply roofing system using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric or other asphaltic compositions
- Install, repair or replace shingles, shakes and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
- Install sheet metal flashings
- Install and repair metal roofs using hand and power tools
- Apply waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level
Shingler Specific Skills
Install or replace asphalt shingles, wood shingles and shakes and masonry or baked clay roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
May 02, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to apply waterproof coatings to concrete and other masonry surfaces above, and below, ground level
Interest in operating hand and power tools to install and repair metal roofs
Interest in repairing roofing systems, and in installing, repairing and replacing shingles, shakes and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.