EmployerRush Roofing & Contract Corp.
Date PostedOctober 31, 2021
Location Okotoks, AB
Earnings $33.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 10  Vacancies
Closing Date Dec 27, 2021
Rush Roofing & Contract Corp.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
- Working at heights training
5 years or more
- Supervise other workers
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Instruct apprentices
- Erect and install scaffolding, falsework and other working platforms
Area of Specialization
- Tiled roofs
- Shingled roofs
- Conventional and inverted built-up system
- Rigid pre-formed roofing system
- Single ply sheet membrane roofing system
- Modified roofing system
- Hydraulic system
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Remove litter and garbage
Security and Safety
Driving record check (abstract)
- Safety equipment/gear
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Safety harness
Work Site Environment
- At heights
Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Large workload
- Overtime required
Ability to Supervise
Work Location Information
Sculpting, Engraving and Mold Making Medium
Specialization or Experience
Copper or metal roofs
Type of Materials
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
Roofer Specific Skills
- Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems using materials such as asphalt saturated felts and hot asphalt and gravel
- Install, repair or replace single-ply roofing system using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric or other asphaltic compositions
- Install, repair or replace shingles, shakes and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
- Install sheet metal flashings
- Install and repair metal roofs using hand and power tools
- Apply waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level
Shingler Specific Skills
Install or replace asphalt shingles, wood shingles and shakes and masonry or baked clay roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Dec 27, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to apply waterproof coatings to concrete and other masonry surfaces above, and below, ground level
Interest in operating hand and power tools to install and repair metal roofs
Interest in repairing roofing systems, and in installing, repairing and replacing shingles, shakes and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.