EmployerMagic Siding Ltd
Date PostedJuly 26, 2022
Location Cochrane, AB
Earnings $26.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 3  Vacancies
Closing Date Aug 25, 2022
Magic Siding Ltd
No degree, certificate or diploma
Work Site Environment
- At heights
- Various locations
- Install or replace asphalt shingles, wood shingles and shakes and masonry or baked clay roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
- Supervise other workers
- Install and repair metal roofs using hand and power tools
- Install sheet metal flashings
- Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems using materials such as asphalt saturated felts and hot asphalt and gravel
- Install, repair or replace shingles, shakes and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
- Install, repair or replace single-ply roofing system using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric or other asphaltic compositions
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Erect and install scaffolding, falsework and other working platforms
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
Area of Specialization
- Shingled roofs
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Large workload
- Repetitive tasks
- Work under pressure
More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Safety equipment/gear
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Safety harness
- Team player
2 years to less than 3 years
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to apply waterproof coatings to concrete and other masonry surfaces above, and below, ground level
Interest in operating hand and power tools to install and repair metal roofs
Interest in repairing roofing systems, and in installing, repairing and replacing shingles, shakes and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.