EmployerRaptors Exteriors & Business Solutions
Date PostedJanuary 16, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $26.00 to $30.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 32 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Feb 15, 2023
Raptors Exteriors & Business Solutions
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Work site environment
- At heights
- Various locations
- Willing to relocate
- Supervise other workers
- Apply waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level
- Install and repair metal roofs using hand and power tools
- Install sheet metal flashings
- Install, repair or replace shingles, shakes and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
- Estimate costs and materials
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Erect and install scaffolding, falsework and other working platforms
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Aerial lift and aerial work platform Certification
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
Area of specialization
- Shingled roofs
- Tiled roofs
Security and safety
Criminal record check
Willing to travel
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Physically demanding
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Handling heavy loads
- Large workload
- Overtime required
- Repetitive tasks
- Work under pressure
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
3 years to less than 5 years
On the road job
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to apply waterproof coatings to concrete and other masonry surfaces above, and below, ground level
Interest in operating hand and power tools to install and repair metal roofs
Interest in repairing roofing systems, and in installing, repairing and replacing shingles, shakes and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.