EmployerCanadian Horizontal Drilling Inc.
Date PostedAugust 02, 2022
Location Barrhead, AB
Earnings $28.70 to $32.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 84 hours per week
Position Seasonal Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Aug 16, 2022
Canadian Horizontal Drilling Inc.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Work Site Environment
- Staff accommodation available
- Staff accommodation provided
- Room and board provided
- Remote location
- Various locations
- Manipulate sections of pipes or drill stems at rig floor during drilling and during removal and replacement of pipes, drill stems and drill bits
- Assist other workers to maintain drilling equipment on drill floor
- Handle, sort and move drill pipes, tools, cement and other materials
- Clean up rig areas
- Assist in setting up, taking down and transporting drilling and service rigs and service equipment
- Drive trucks to transport materials and well service equipment
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Hydrogen Sulphide Awareness (H2S) Certificate
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Certificate
- Standard First Aid Certificate
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) Certificate
- Pipeline Construction Safety Training (PCST)
- Ground Disturbance - Level II program
Field Work Location Experience
Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Drug test
- Valid driver's licence
- Willing to travel
- Willing to travel regularly
- Willing to travel for extended periods
- Public transportation is not available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- 20/20 vision
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Large workload
- Overtime required
More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Safety equipment/gear
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
1 to less than 7 months
On the road job
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in comparing information to handle, sort and move drill tools, pipes, cement and other materials, and to clean up rig areas; may drive trucks to transport materials and well service equipment
Interest in operating equipment to manipulate sections of pipes and drill stems at rig floors during drilling and for removal and replacement of strings of pipes, drill stems and bits
Interest in maintaining drilling equipment on drill floors
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.