School Bus Driver
EmployerThird Academy International Ltd
Date PostedJanuary 06, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $18.69 to $22.50 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 20 to 35 hours per week
Position Temporary Part Time
Vacancies 3  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 22, 2023
Third Academy International Ltd
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
- Operate buses, school busses or streetcars to transport passengers
- Report delays, mechanical problems and accidents
- Direct passengers during emergency evacuation procedures
- Complete logbooks and reports
- Deal with difficult passengers and resolve conflicts
- Ensure children's safety when boarding and leaving buses and crossing street while bus is stopped
- Maintain control of student activities during travel to prevent distractions or behaviours that could compromise safety
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Class 2/2F/C Licence (buses with more than passengers)
- School Bus Endorsement
- Driver's Licence (Class 2 or B or C)
Type of experience
School bus driver
Experience with special needs children
Children with a mental health disability
Security and safety
- Child Abuse Registry check
- Child welfare check
- Criminal record check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Enhanced reliability security clearance
- Driver's abstract
- Valid driver's licence
- Vehicle supplied by employer
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Work under pressure
Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
1 year to less than 2 years
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Other benefits
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in driving buses and buses equipped for wheelchair accessibility, streetcars and intercity and sightseeing tour and charter buses to transport passengers along established routes, locally and over long distances; and in driving buses to transport passengers and cargo to intercity and long-distance destinations
Interest in copying information to report delays, mechanical problems and accidents; and in collecting fares, issuing transfers, checking bus passes and recording transactions
Interest in speaking with passengers to provide information on fares, schedules and stops; may provide passengers with information on points of interest during trips
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.