School Teacher - Secondary School
EmployerGrand Matrix Consulting Inc.
Date PostedJune 28, 2021
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $35.00 to $50.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 20 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Part Time Leading to Full Time
Vacancies 3  Vacancies
Closing Date Jul 28, 2021
Grand Matrix Consulting Inc.
3 years to less than 5 years
- Teach students through lectures, discussions, audio-visual presentations and laboratory, shop and field studies
- Provide tutoring assistance
- Prepare subject material for presentation according to an approved curriculum
- Prepare, administer and correct tests
- Prepare and deliver presentations at conferences, workshops and symposia
- Participate in staff meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops
- Evaluate the progress of students and discuss results with students, parents and school officials
- Develop course content
- Assign and correct homework
Remote work available
How to Apply
Jul 28, 2021
Interest in participating in staff meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops; may advise students on course selection and on vocational and personal matters
Interest in co-ordinating information to prepare materials for academic, technical, vocational and specialized subjects and examinations, and to prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help
Interest in instructing students using a systematic plan of lectures, discussions, audio-visual presentations, and laboratory, shop and field studies; and in assigning and correcting homework, and administering and correcting examinations; may supervise student teachers
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.