Security Alarms Technician
Date PostedMay 05, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $24.00 to $35.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date May 19, 2022
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
2 years to less than 3 years
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- MS Access
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Windows
- MS Word
- MS Office
- MS Outlook
- Wireless router
- Wireless networks
Type of Service and Repair
- Video cameras and projectors
- Computers and peripherals
- Alarm/security system
- Adjust, align, replace or repair electronic equipment and assemblies
- Install, maintain and repair electronic equipment
- Inspect and test electronic equipment and assemblies
- Diagnose and locate circuit, component and equipment faults
- Complete work orders, test and maintenance reports
- Prepare cost estimates
- Read blueprints and drawings
Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Criminal record check
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Own vehicle
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Tight deadlines
Work Location Information
- On-site customer service
- Various locations
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
- Values and ethics
On the road job
- Mileage paid
- Gasoline paid
Transportation provided by employer
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
How to Apply
May 19, 2022
Interest in precision working to adjust, align, replace and repair equipment, assemblies and components following manuals and schematics; and to inspect and test equipment, components and assemblies using multimeters, circuit testers, oscilloscopes, logic probes and other test instruments, tools and equipment
Interest in analyzing equipment to diagnose and locate circuit, component and equipment faults
Interest in speaking to customers regarding equipment malfunctions to complete work orders; may supervise other electronic equipment service technicians
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.