Security Systems Technician
EmployerCheckpoint Canada ULC
Date PostedJanuary 05, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 annually (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 60 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Feb 16, 2022
Checkpoint Canada ULC
- or equivalent experience
Major Work Area
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Tool grinders
- Power cutting tools
- Power grinder
- Electrical wiring devices
2 years to less than 3 years
Area of Work Experience
- Installation, maintenance and inspection of equipment or facilities
- Networking security
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- MS Excel
- MS Word
- MS Office
- MS Outlook
Area of Specialization
Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Mechanical and service company
Type of Product
Type of Service and Repair
Vehicle and Equipment Experience
Radio frequency scanners (RFS)
- Test and adjust repaired products for proper functioning
- Repair or replace defective or worn parts and components
- Prepare floors for installations
- Install, replace and repair electrical controls and panel boxes
- Inspect products to determine the requirements for repair
- Conduct voltage, resistance and other tests using electrical test equipment
- Calibrate products using hand tools
- Attach protective devices to products to protect against shoplifting
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Criminal record check
Work Site Environment
- Willing to travel regularly
- Willing to travel cross-border
- Valid driver's licence
- Public transportation is not available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- Rural area
- On-site customer service
- Urban area
Computer and Technology Knowledge
Equipment, Systems and Controls Experience
Radio communication equipment
Wireless transmission (radio)
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
- Medical Benefits
- Disability Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Group Insurance Benefits
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Pension Plan Benefits
- RRSP Benefits
- Vision Care Benefits
- Other Benefits
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Feb 16, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in operating hand, power and specially designed tools to service products and equipment; may calibrate products using hand tools
Interest in compiling information to test and adjust repaired products to ensure that they work properly; and in performing routine maintenance
Interest in inspecting products to determine repairs required
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.