Server - Food And Beverage Services
EmployerTHE RANCH HOUSE RESTAURANT
Date PostedJanuary 11, 2023
LanguagesEnglish or French
Location Red Deer, AB
Earnings $15.00 to $17.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 4  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 10, 2023
THE RANCH HOUSE RESTAURANT
English or French
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
- Staff accommodation available
- Willing to relocate
- Must be of legal age to mix and serve alcoholic beverages
- Address customers' complaints or concerns
- Prepare and serve specialty food at customers' tables
- Present bills to customers and accept payment in cash, credit or debit cards, travellers cheques or room billings
- Describe menu items including daily specials for customers
- Enforce provincial/territorial liquor legislation and regulations
- Balance cash and record sales
- Clear and clean tables, trays and chairs
- Describe and advise on wine selection
- Greet patrons, present menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding food and beverages
- Order and maintain inventory of wines and wine glassware
- Serve food and beverages
- Take orders and relay to kitchen and bar staff
- Train staff
- Assist clients/guests with special needs
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Smart Serve
- Food Safety Certificate
- Safe Food Handling certificate
- Serving It Right Certificate
- ProServe program
Computer and technology knowledge
Point of sale system
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Standing for extended periods
- Work under pressure
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Experience an asset
As per collective agreement
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying to take orders and relay them to kitchen and bar staff; in performing sensory evaluation of wines; and in ordering and maintaining inventory of wines and wine glassware
Interest in serving food and beverages to patrons
Interest in handling the preparation of specialty foods at patrons' tables
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.