Shelf Stocker - Retail
EmployerRoyal Imperial Liquor Store
Date PostedSeptember 01, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $15.00 to $16.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 15 to 30 hours per week
Position Permanent Part Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Oct 22, 2022
Royal Imperial Liquor Store
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- Bag, box or parcel purchases for customers, for shipment or delivery
- Carry customer's purchases to parking lot and pack orders in customers' vehicles
- Obtain articles for customers from shelf or stockroom
- Direct customers to location of articles sought
- Unpack products received by store and count, weigh or sort items
- Record incoming stock
- Stock shelves and display areas
- Keep stock clean and in order
- Attach protective devices to products to protect against shoplifting
- Perform general cleaning duties (i.e. sweeping, mopping floors)
- Order picking
- Provide customer service
Security and safety
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Other benefits
Interest in comparing to check, count, weigh and sort items received by store; to use optical scanning equipment to record incoming stock, verify pricing and maintain a computerized stock inventory; to price merchandise according to price lists; to fill mail orders from warehouse stock; and to obtain articles for customers from shelves and stockrooms
Interest in serving - assisting by directing customers to the location of articles
Interest in handling merchandise to stock shelves and display areas, and to keep stock clean and in order; may sweep aisles, dust display racks and perform other general cleaning duties; may operate cash register and computer for electronic commerce transactions
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.