Posted on Jan 14, 2021 by Precision Label Ltd.
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $17.00 to $20.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jan 28, 2021
Precision Label Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Industrial lift trucks and fork-lifts
- Dollies and hand trucks
- Pallet lifters
Experience an asset
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- MS Windows
- MS Word
- Database software
- Inventory control software
- MS Outlook
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Unpack goods received
- Schedule distribution of goods
- Schedule transportation conveyances
- Route goods to appropriate storage areas
- Record shortages and reject damaged goods
- Prepare bills of lading, invoices and other shipping documents
- Pack goods to be shipped
- Oversee loading and unloading of goods
- Maintain internal record-keeping system
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents
- Determine method of shipment
- Affix identifying information and shipping instructions on shipments
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Large workload
- Team player
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Jan 28, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to maintain internal manual or computerized record-keeping systems; and in coding goods
Interest in operating computers to keep records; and in unpacking and routing goods to appropriate storage areas; may operate fork lifts, hand trucks and other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods
Interest in overseeing loading and unloading of goods from trucks and other conveyances
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.