EmployerProWest Shipping & Packaging Ltd.
Date PostedSeptember 08, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $19.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Oct 08, 2022
ProWest Shipping & Packaging Ltd.
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Retail/wholesale establishment/distribution centre
- Prepare bills of lading, invoices and other shipping documents
- Assemble containers and crates
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents
- Record shortages and reject damaged goods
- Route goods to appropriate storage areas
- Affix identifying information and shipping instructions on shipments
- Oversee loading and unloading of goods
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
Forklift Operator Certification
Equipment and machinery experience
Industrial lift trucks and fork-lifts
Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Physically demanding
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Tight deadlines
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
1 to less than 7 months
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to maintain internal manual or computerized record-keeping systems; and in coding goods
Interest in operating computers to keep records; and in unpacking and routing goods to appropriate storage areas; may operate fork lifts, hand trucks and other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods
Interest in overseeing loading and unloading of goods from trucks and other conveyances
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.