Small Business Counsellor
EmployerConnect Canada Immigration Services Inc.
Date PostedSeptember 29, 2021
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $46.00 hourly
Work Hours 32 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Oct 29, 2021
Connect Canada Immigration Services Inc.
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Windows
- MS Word
- MS Office
- MS Outlook
- Supervise professional and support staff and students
- Perform administrative tasks
- Administer programs to promote industrial and commercial business investment in rural and urban areas
- Respond to enquiries from members of the business community concerning development opportunities
- Provide consulting services to government and other organizations
- Provide advice on procedures and requirements for government approval of development proposals
- Plan development projects
- Develop venture capital sources
- Develop policies
- Develop and implement business plans
- Deliver presentations at conferences, workshops or symposia
- Conduct surveys and analyze data on the buying habits and preferences of wholesale and retail consumers
- Conduct comparative research on marketing strategies for industrial and commercial products
- Conduct social or economic surveys on local, regional, or international areas to assess development of potential and future trends
- Prepare reports, research papers, educational texts or articles
- Conduct analytical marketing studies
- Design market research questionnaires
- Evaluate customer service and store environments
- Design, conduct and analyze quantitative and qualitative research projects
- Develop feasibility studies
- Set up corporations
- Develop marketing strategies
- Ensure appropriate business/commercial licenses are in place
- Conduct online marketing, E-commerce and Website promotions
- Maintain database of potential franchisees, real estate locations and on-line buy/sell Internet sites
- Develop portfolio of marketing materials
- Willing to travel regularly
- Willing to travel overnight
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Large workload
- Tight deadlines
- Overtime required
Ability to Supervise
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Oct 29, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in co-ordinating information to plan development projects with representatives of a wide variety of industrial and commercial enterprises, business associations and government agencies, and to develop strategies to attract venture capital; and in administering programs to promote industrial and commercial business investment and tourism
Interest in developing policies and programs to promote industrial and commercial business investment in urban and rural areas, and in developing social and economic profiles of urban and rural areas to encourage industrial and commercial investment and development
Interest in consulting to advise on procedures and requirements for government approval
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.