EmployerCFB Suffield Military Family Resource Centre Society
Date PostedJuly 13, 2022
Location Ralston, AB
Earnings $63,106.00 to $82,719.00 annually (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 37.5 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Aug 12, 2022
CFB Suffield Military Family Resource Centre Society
- Master's degree
- Social Work, Other
- Rural area
- Community service organization
- Interview clients to assess their situation and determine the types of services required and eligibility
- Supervise other social workers, paid para-professional staff, student trainees and volunteers
- Perform administrative tasks
- Provide counsel and therapy to help clients resolve social and personal problems
- Plan programs of assistance for clients
- Refer clients to agencies that provide financial assistance, legal aid, housing, medical treatment and other services
- Provide public education and consultation regarding counselling services, issues and methods
- Serve as a member of an interdisciplinary team working with a client group
- Act as an advocate for client groups in the community
- Apply for social program funding
- Provide mediation services and psychosocial assessments
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counselling and social programs
- Develop prevention and intervention programs to meet community needs
- Provide suicide and crisis intervention
1 to 2 people
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
- Canadian Certified Addiction Counsellor Certification
- Mental health first aid Certificate
- Provincial certificate of registration
- Membership in a provincial association of social workers
Social Work Specialization
- Child welfare
- Community development
- Education and training
- Personal adjustment
- Socio-economic needs or conditions
- Family mediation
Area of Specialization
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Enhanced reliability security clearance
- Child welfare check
- Immunization records
- Valid driver's licence
- Own vehicle
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Client focus
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Interpersonal awareness
- Team player
- Values and ethics
3 years to less than 5 years
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
Health care plan
- Gasoline paid
- Mileage paid
Long term benefits
Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- On-site daycare available
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in mentoring in order to counsel and provide therapy to clients to help them develop skills to deal with and resolve their social and personal problems; in serving on interdisciplinary teams of professionals working with client groups; in assisting in community development; and in providing mediation services
Interest in co-ordinating information to plan programs of assistance including referral to agencies that provide financial assistance, legal aid, housing, medical treatment and other services; in conducting social research; and in developing prevention and intervention programs to meet community needs
Interest in investigating cases of child abuse and neglect and in taking authorized protective action; may supervise other social workers
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.