Software Technical Support Analyst
EmployerACE POS Solutions Ltd.
Date PostedSeptember 13, 2021
Location Work from home
Earnings $19.75 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Oct 04, 2021
ACE POS Solutions Ltd.
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
- Computer Systems Networking and Telecommunications
- System, Networking and LAN/WAN Management/Manager
- Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services, Other
- or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- A+ Certification
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft certified professional (MCP)
- Microsoft certified solutions associate (MCSA)
1 to less than 7 months
- Help desk
- Computer hardware or software retailer/wholesaler
- Startup company
- Communicate electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced
- Consult user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions
- Provide advice and training to users in response to identified difficulties
- Collect, organize and maintain a problems and solutions log for use by other technical support analysts
- Participate in the redesign of applications and other software
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software
- Provide business systems, network and Internet support to users in response to identified difficulties
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Tight deadlines
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- MS Windows
- Device drivers
- Networking software
- Networking hardware
- Networking security
- File management software
- Mail server software
- MS Office
- Wireless networks
- Desktop applications
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
Work from home
- Dental Benefits
- Group Insurance Benefits
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Vision Care Benefits
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Oct 04, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information from user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions; and in collecting, organizing and maintaining problems and solution logs for use by other technical support analysts
Interest in assisting computer users by assessing and responding to their technical difficulties; may supervise other technical support workers
Interest in precision working to provide first-line technical support and advice to computer users
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.