Posted on Nov 30, 2020 by Earls Restaurant (Grande Prairie) Ltd.
Location Grande Prairie, AB
Earnings $18.50 to $19.50 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 35 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 5  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 07, 2021
Earls Restaurant (Grande Prairie) Ltd.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
2 years to less than 3 years
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions
- Prepare and cook meals or specialty foods
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
Work Location Information
- Staff accommodation available
- Urban area
Ranks of Chefs
Sous-Chefs Specific Skills
Supervise activities of specialist chefs, chefs, cooks and other kitchen workers
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Feb 07, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in supervising` the activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks; and in recruiting and hiring staff
Interest in co-ordinating information to ensure food meets quality standards; may prepare and cook food on a regular basis or for special guests or functions
Interest in planning menus
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.