Sports And Recreation Leader
EmployerVista Ridge Recreational Association
Date PostedNovember 19, 2021
Location Fort McMurray, AB
Earnings $20.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 4  Vacancies
Closing Date Jan 01, 2022
Vista Ridge Recreational Association
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance Certification
1 year to less than 2 years
- Patrolling/supervising activities
- Ensure safety of rescuers and victims at accident scenes
- Assist with special events
- Maintain and repair sports equipment
- Leading/instructing individuals
- Ski centre/resort
- Outdoor centre
- Lead groups and individuals in recreational or leisure programs
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed
- Demonstrate and instruct athletic, fitness or sports activities and techniques
- Understand principles of group dynamics
- Conduct therapeutic recreational or athletic activities
- Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Plan and carry out recreational, fitness and sports activities
- Schedule activities, keep logs, maintain records and prepare reports
- Assemble supplies, sports and game equipment
- Monitor recreational, sports or fitness activities to ensure safety and provide emergency or first aid assistance when required
Work Site Environment
Work Location Information
- Rural area
- Staff accommodation available
- Various locations
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
1 Spruce Valley Drive
Fort McMurray, Alberta T9H5B4
Between 09:00 AM and 03:00 PM
P.O. Box 5252
Fort McMurray, Alberta T9H3G3
Jan 01, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in manipulating and assembling supplies and sports and game equipment; and in monitoring recreational and sports activities to ensure safety and provide emergency and first aid assistance when required
Interest in instructing groups and individuals in arts, crafts and similar activities; in leading groups and individuals in recreational and leisure programs, and in attending clients with special needs by conducting therapeutic recreational and athletic activities
Interest in co-ordinating information to plan recreational, athletic, fitness and sports programs
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.