Date PostedJanuary 20, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $37.50 hourly
Work Hours 35 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 19, 2023
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Prepare and lay bricks, concrete blocks, structural tiles or other masonry units
- Lay bricks, stone or similar materials to provide veneer facing
- Construct and install prefabricated masonry units
- Build patios, garden walls and other decorative installations
- Read sketches and blueprints to calculate materials required
- Cut and trim bricks and concrete blocks to specification using hand and power tools
- Lay bricks or other masonry units to build residential or commercial chimneys and fireplaces
- Lay radial bricks to build masonry shells of industrial chimneys
- Lay or install firebricks to line industrial chimneys and smokestacks
- Line or reline furnaces, kilns, boilers and similar installations using refractory or acid-resistant bricks, refractory concretes, plastic refractories and other materials
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
- Criminal record check
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Handling heavy loads
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Attention to detail
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Client focus
- Team player
7 months to less than 1 year
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to lay bricks and other masonry units to build residential and commercial chimneys and fireplaces; to lay radial bricks to build masonry shells of industrial chimneys; to lay and install firebricks to line industrial chimneys and smokestacks; to lay bricks, stone and similar materials to provide veneers to walls and other surfaces; to lay bricks and other masonry units to build patios, garden walls and other decorative installations; and to cut and trim bricks and concrete blocks using hand and power tools
Interest in lining and relining furnaces, kilns, boilers and similar installations using refractory and acid-resistant bricks, refractory concretes, plastic refractories and other materials; may restore, clean and paint existing masonry structures
Interest in compiling information to construct and install prefabricated masonry units
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.