EmployerTES Industrial Inc.
Date PostedNovember 21, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $42.57 to $43.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 84 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 10  Vacancies
Closing Date Dec 30, 2022
TES Industrial Inc.
Registered Apprenticeship certificate
Work site environment
- At heights
- Confined spaces
- Various locations
- New construction (Pre-engineered)
- Willing to relocate
- New construction (Not pre-engineered)
- Re-vamp and renovation
- In-plant maintenance
- Signal crane operators to position units according to blueprints
- Align, weld or bolt units in place
- Dismantle metal, pre-cast concrete or laminated timber buildings and other structures
- Inspect or test structures and equipment for deterioration, defects or failure to comply with specifications or regulations
- Position and secure steel bars or metal mesh in concrete forms to reinforce concrete structures
- Unload and position steel units so each piece can be hoisted as needed
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Aerial lift and aerial work platform Certification
- Ironworker Trade Certification
- Working at heights training
- Ironworker Red Seal Certificate
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) Certificate
- Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
- Hydrogen Sulphide Awareness (H2S) Certificate
Area of specialization
- Erect structural steel
- Assemble and erect metal buildings
Security and safety
- Valid driver's licence
- Own transportation
- Willing to travel
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Tight deadlines
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Manual dexterity
- Overtime required
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
5 years or more
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to align, weld and bolt steel units into place, and to position and secure steel bars and metal mesh in concrete forms to reinforce concrete structures
Interest in signalling crane operators to position steel units according to blueprints; and in examining structures and equipment for deterioration, defects, or non-compliance with specifications
Interest in compiling information to install ornamental and structural metalwork such as curtain walls, metal stairways, railings and power doors
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.