Structural Steel Fitter
EmployerGNE Construction Ltd.
Date PostedJanuary 05, 2023
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $33.00 hourly
Work Hours 35 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Feb 04, 2023
GNE Construction Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Lay out reference points and patterns
- Assemble and fit plates and sections to form structures
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Weld or bolt sections together
- Set up and operate heavy-duty metal-working machines
- Construct patterns and templates
- Install fabricated components in final product
- Rig, hoist and move materials to storage areas or within worksite
- Study engineering drawings and blueprints, determine the materials required, and plan the sequence of tasks to cut metal most efficiently
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Attention to detail
- Overtime required
- Team player
1 year to less than 2 years
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in setting up and operating heavy-duty metalworking machines such as brake presses, shears, cutting torches, grinders and drills, including computer numerical control (CNC) equipment, to bend, cut, form, punch, drill and otherwise form heavy metal components
Interest in forming heavy metal components using heavy-duty metalworking machines, in assembling components to form subunits and complete units, and in installing fabricated components in final products
Interest in compiling information to determine materials required, and to construct patterns and templates as guides for layouts
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.