Date PostedOctober 28, 2021
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $28.00 hourly
Work Hours 30 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 19, 2021
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Tight deadlines
Work Location Information
- Team player
Plasterer Specific Skills
- Spray acoustic or texture materials over walls and ceilings
- Mix plaster ingredients to desired consistency
- Clean and prepare surfaces
- Apply, level and smooth coats of plaster
- Trowel or spray coats of stucco over exteriors of buildings to form weatherproof surfaces
- Finish corners and angles and create decorative designs in finish coat, if required
- Mould and install ornamental plaster panels, cornices and trim
- Cure freshly plastered surfaces
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Dec 19, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to attach metal and gypsum lath to studs and furring using nails, screws, clips and wire ties
Interest in precision working to cut openings in lath for heating and ventilation piping, ducts and electrical outlets; may install acoustic tile, hangers for suspended ceilings and metal studs for composition wallboards and laths
Interest in installing corner beads and wire mesh around beams for plastering
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.