EmployerBEST EXTERIOR CONSTRUCTION LTD.
Date PostedNovember 09, 2021
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $30.00 hourly
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 09, 2021
BEST EXTERIOR CONSTRUCTION LTD.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Supervise other workers
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Instruct apprentices
- Estimate costs and materials
- Erect and install scaffolding, falsework and other working platforms
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Tight deadlines
Ability to Supervise
- Team player
- Client focus
Plasterer Specific Skills
- Finish corners and angles and create decorative designs in finish coat, if required
- Mould and install ornamental plaster panels, cornices and trim
- Cure freshly plastered surfaces
Drywall Installer and Finisher Specific Skills
- Measure, cut, fit and install drywall sheets
- Cut and install metal corner beads to protect exterior corners
- Fabricate and install suspended metal ceiling grids and place in panels to form acoustical and coffered ceilings
- Position and secure sheets to metal or wooden studs or joists
Lather Specific Skills
- Install metal stud framing and furring for interior drywall or plaster walls and ceilings, using hand and power tools
- Prepare wall and ceiling layouts
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
15615-102 ave NW
edmonton, Alberta T5P4X7
Dec 09, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to attach metal and gypsum lath to studs and furring using nails, screws, clips and wire ties
Interest in precision working to cut openings in lath for heating and ventilation piping, ducts and electrical outlets; may install acoustic tile, hangers for suspended ceilings and metal studs for composition wallboards and laths
Interest in installing corner beads and wire mesh around beams for plastering
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.