EmployerTriffany Canada Inc.
Date PostedMay 09, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $26.00 to $29.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 10  Vacancies
Closing Date Jun 08, 2022
Triffany Canada Inc.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
2 years to less than 3 years
- Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Erect and install scaffolding, falsework and other working platforms
Work Site Environment
Travel expenses paid by employer
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
Plasterer Specific Skills
- Spray acoustic or texture materials over walls and ceilings
- Mix plaster ingredients to desired consistency
- Clean and prepare surfaces
- Apply, level and smooth coats of plaster
- Trowel or spray coats of stucco over exteriors of buildings to form weatherproof surfaces
- Finish corners and angles and create decorative designs in finish coat, if required
- Mould and install ornamental plaster panels, cornices and trim
Drywall Installer and Finisher Specific Skills
- Cut and install metal corner beads to protect exterior corners
- Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife
- Tape over joints using taping machine and embed tape in compound
- Apply successive coats of compound and sand seams and joints
Lather Specific Skills
Utilize laser alignment system
Long term benefits
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Jun 08, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to attach metal and gypsum lath to studs and furring using nails, screws, clips and wire ties
Interest in precision working to cut openings in lath for heating and ventilation piping, ducts and electrical outlets; may install acoustic tile, hangers for suspended ceilings and metal studs for composition wallboards and laths
Interest in installing corner beads and wire mesh around beams for plastering
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.