There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
EmployerTOPWEST CONSTRUCTION LTD
Date PostedMay 21, 2023
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $30.00 hourly
Work Hours 35 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 3  Vacancies
Closing Date Jun 20, 2023
TOPWEST CONSTRUCTION LTD
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Supervise other workers
- Apply successive coats of compound and sand seams and joints
- Clean and prepare surfaces
- Fabricate and install suspended metal ceiling grids and place in panels to form acoustical and coffered ceilings
- Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife
- Finish corners and angles and create decorative designs in finish coat, if required
- Measure, cut, fit and install drywall sheets
- Mix plaster ingredients to desired consistency
- Mould and install ornamental plaster panels, cornices and trim
- Smooth out excess compound and allow coat to dry
- Trowel or spray coats of stucco over exteriors of buildings to form weatherproof surfaces
- Cut openings in lath for heating and ventilation piping, ducts and electrical outlets
- Install acoustic tile, hangers for suspended ceilings and metal studs for composition wallboard or lath
- Install corner beads and wire mesh around beams to which plaster is to be applied
- Install metal stud framing and furring for interior drywall or plaster walls and ceilings, using hand and power tools
- Install vapour barriers and thermal and sound insulation
- Utilize laser alignment system
- Estimate costs and materials
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages
- Erect and install scaffolding, falsework and other working platforms
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Work under pressure
- Client focus
- Team player
1 year to less than 2 years
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to attach metal and gypsum lath to studs and furring using nails, screws, clips and wire ties
Interest in precision working to cut openings in lath for heating and ventilation piping, ducts and electrical outlets; may install acoustic tile, hangers for suspended ceilings and metal studs for composition wallboards and laths
Interest in installing corner beads and wire mesh around beams for plastering
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.