EmployerMiclex Construction Inc.
Date PostedJune 11, 2021
Location Acheson, AB
Earnings $90,000.00 to $100,000.00 annually (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 60 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Aug 19, 2021
Miclex Construction Inc.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- Construction Trade Certification
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) Certificate
- Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
- Leadership for safety excellence course
Experience an asset
- $1,500,001 - $4,000,000
- $500,001 - $1,500,000
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- MS Excel
- MS Word
- MS Office
- MS Outlook
- MS Project
- Read blueprint, schemas and drawings
- Hire and supervise activities of subcontractors
Commercial and/or industrial construction
- Select trade subcontractors and co-ordinate their activities
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress
- Establish and implement policies and procedures for quality control
- Direct the purchase of building materials and land acquisitions
- Prepare reports
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Criminal record check
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Cellular phone
Work Site Environment
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Large caseload
- Tight deadlines
- Overtime required
Ability to Supervise
- More than 20 people
- Working groups
Work Location Information
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Values and ethics
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Aug 19, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in co-ordinating information to direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedules, specifications and budgets; and in directing purchases of building materials and land acquisitions and in supervising the activities of subcontractors and staff
Interest in preparing contracts, in planning and preparing construction schedules and milestones, in monitoring progress against established schedules and in developing and implementing quality control programs
Interest in negotiating revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.