Support Worker - Social Services
EmployerCommunityAim - Empowering Citizens with Disabilities Society
Date PostedJune 09, 2022
Location Spruce Grove, AB
Earnings $16.25 to $16.75 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 36 to 40 hours per week
Position Temporary Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jul 13, 2022
CommunityAim - Empowering Citizens with Disabilities Society
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Education/Teaching of Individuals with Multiple Disabilities
- or equivalent experience
Experience with Special Needs Children
- Children with a physical disability
- Children with an intellectual disability
- Children with behavioural issues
- Children with a mental health disability
- Children with allergies
- Children with learning disabilities
- Children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) or attention deficit disorder (ADD)
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- Medication Administration Certificate
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) Certificate
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Mental health first aid Certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
- Administrative and office activities
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Participate in fundraising activities for charity or non-profit organizations
- Maintain progress and other reports
- Care for pets
- Research techniques
- Housekeeping activities
- Food preparation
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Group home
- Associations and non profit organizations
- Social service or charity agency
Type of Treatment Experience
Crisis intervention counselling
- Provide personal care
- Obtain information and prepare reports or case histories
- Maintain internal record-keeping system
- Launder clothing and household linens
- Instruct groups and individuals in arts and crafts
- Appraise clients' needs or eligibility for specific services
- Assess client's relevant skill strengths and development needs
- Provide suicide and crisis intervention
- Resolve conflict situations
- Supervise activities of clients living in group homes and half-way houses
- Implement behaviour management programs
- Develop service intervention logic models and outcome measures
- Develop, co-ordinate and implement the delivery of specific services within the community
- Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Liaise with other social services agencies and health care providers involved with clients
- Assess individuals in areas such as physical limitations, orientation and mobility skills, and cognitive, social and emotional barriers to establish client rehabilitation or adaptation goals
- Accompany clients to appointments and social outings
- Persons with physical disabilities
- Persons with mental health disabilities
- Persons with Acquired Brain Injury (ABI)
- Persons with an intellectual disability
- Persons with a disability
Security and Safety
- Child welfare check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Criminal record check
Work Site Environment
- Scent free
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Physically demanding
Ability to Supervise
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
- Time management
Early Childhood Educators Specific Skills
provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you currently a student?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Do you have education in this field of employment?
- Full time enrollment
- Part time enrollment
- Jobs for Ukraine: This employer has selected to promote this job through "Jobs for Ukraine”. Canadian citizens and permanent residents can still apply.
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in consulting with social assistance recipients and pensioners to advise and aid them in locating and utitizing a variety of community resources; in referring clients to other social services; in counselling clients living in group homes and halfway houses and assisting in pre-release and release planning; in providing crisis intervention and emergency-shelter services; and in co-ordinating volunteer activities of community and social services organizations
Interest in compiling information to participate in the selection and admission of clients to appropriate programs; to assess clients' relevant skill strengths and deficits; and in maintaining contact with other social service agencies and health care providers involved with clients to provide information and obtain feedback on clients' overall progress
Interest in assisting clients to sort out options and develop plans of action, and in implementing and organizing the delivery of life-skills workshops, substance-abuse treatment programs, behaviour management programs, youth services programs and other community and social service programs under the supervision of social workers and health care professionals
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.