Date PostedJanuary 13, 2023
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $16.00 to $20.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 35 to 40 hours per week
Position Temporary Full Time
Vacancies 3  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 12, 2023
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Ranks of chefs
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and new equipment to cooking staff
- Supervise activities of specialist chefs, chefs, cooks and other kitchen workers
- Create new recipes
- Instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
- Prepare and cook complete meals and specialty foods for events such as banquets
- Prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions
- Prepare and cook meals or specialty foods
- Requisition food and kitchen supplies
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
1 to 2 people
- Sushi preparation techniques
- Japanese cuisine
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
2 years to less than 3 years
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in supervising` the activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks; and in recruiting and hiring staff
Interest in co-ordinating information to ensure food meets quality standards; may prepare and cook food on a regular basis or for special guests or functions
Interest in planning menus
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.