Date PostedJanuary 19, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $18.00 to $20.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Feb 18, 2023
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Work site environment
- Urban area
Ranks of chefs
- Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory
- Instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
- Prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions
- Prepare and cook meals or specialty foods
- Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Food safety/handling skills
- Fish and seafood
- Meat, poultry and game
- Vegetables, fruits, nuts and mushrooms
Equipment and machinery experience
Area of specialization
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
7 months to less than 1 year
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in supervising` the activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks; and in recruiting and hiring staff
Interest in co-ordinating information to ensure food meets quality standards; may prepare and cook food on a regular basis or for special guests or functions
Interest in planning menus
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.