EmployerDOMAH SERVICES LTD
Date PostedMay 29, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $26.00 to $30.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 3  Vacancies
Closing Date Jul 08, 2022
DOMAH SERVICES LTD
No degree, certificate or diploma
2 years to less than 3 years
Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
Security and Safety
Criminal record check
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
Work Site Environment
- At heights
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
- Overtime required
Ability to Supervise
1 to 2 people
Work Location Information
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Urban area
- Various locations
- Willing to relocate
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
Drywall Installer and Finisher Specific Skills
- Measure, cut, fit and install drywall sheets
- Cut and install metal corner beads to protect exterior corners
- Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife
- Tape over joints using taping machine and embed tape in compound
- Smooth out excess compound and allow coat to dry
- Apply successive coats of compound and sand seams and joints
Lather Specific Skills
Install corner beads and wire mesh around beams to which plaster is to be applied
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- What is your current field of study?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Do you have education in this field of employment?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to attach metal and gypsum lath to studs and furring using nails, screws, clips and wire ties
Interest in precision working to cut openings in lath for heating and ventilation piping, ducts and electrical outlets; may install acoustic tile, hangers for suspended ceilings and metal studs for composition wallboards and laths
Interest in installing corner beads and wire mesh around beams for plastering
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.