There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
EmployerM.S. Gill Painting Inc.
Date PostedMay 15, 2023
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $29.84 hourly
Work Hours 35 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 5  Vacancies
Closing Date Jul 05, 2023
M.S. Gill Painting Inc.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Supervise other workers
- Apply, level and smooth coats of plaster
- Clean and prepare surfaces
- Cure freshly plastered surfaces
- Cut and install metal corner beads to protect exterior corners
- Fabricate and install suspended metal ceiling grids and place in panels to form acoustical and coffered ceilings
- Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife
- Finish corners and angles and create decorative designs in finish coat, if required
- Measure, cut, fit and install drywall sheets
- Mix plaster ingredients to desired consistency
- Tape over joints using taping machine and embed tape in compound
- Attach metal or gypsum lath to studs or furring
- Install acoustic tile, hangers for suspended ceilings and metal studs for composition wallboard or lath
- Prepare wall and ceiling layouts
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Physically demanding
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
1 year to less than 2 years
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to attach metal and gypsum lath to studs and furring using nails, screws, clips and wire ties
Interest in precision working to cut openings in lath for heating and ventilation piping, ducts and electrical outlets; may install acoustic tile, hangers for suspended ceilings and metal studs for composition wallboards and laths
Interest in installing corner beads and wire mesh around beams for plastering
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.