Posted on Mar 17, 2021 by Covenant Canadian Reformed School
Location Barrhead, AB
Earnings $81,667.00 to $84,652.00 annually (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Apr 28, 2021
Covenant Canadian Reformed School
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Provincial or Territorial Teaching Certificate
Experience an asset
Supervise teaching assistants and train student teachers
- Religious organization
- Private school
- Teach students using lessons, discussions, audio-visual presentations and field trips
- Supervise, plan and administer programs of religious education
- Provide religious education, spiritual guidance and moral support
- Prepare subject material for presentation according to an approved curriculum
- Prepare, administer and correct tests
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help
- Participate in staff meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops
- Lead students in activities to promote their physical, mental and social development and their school readiness
- Identify childrens' individual learning needs
- Evaluate the progress of students and discuss results with students, parents and school officials
- Develop course content
- Assign and correct homework
Security and Safety
- Child abuse registry check
- Child welfare check
- Criminal record check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
Work Location Information
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Values and ethics
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Apr 28, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in leading students in activities to promote their physical, mental and social development; in participating in staff meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops; and in preparing examinations
Interests in co-ordinating information to prepare courses for presentation to students according to curriculum, to identify children's individual learning needs and to prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help
Interest in instructing students using a systematic plan of lessons, discussions, audio-visual presentations and field trips; and in assigning and correcting homework and administering and correcting examinations; may supervise teachers' aides and student teachers
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.