There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Technical Sales Representative
EmployerGENIE DISTRIBUTORS INC
Date PostedMarch 13, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $34.62 hourly
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 3  Vacancies
Closing Date Apr 12, 2023
GENIE DISTRIBUTORS INC
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
- Promote sales to existing clients
- Identify and solicit potential clients
- Assess client's needs and resources and recommend the appropriate goods or services
- Deliver sales presentations
- Estimate costs of installing and maintaining equipment or service
- Prepare and administer sales contracts
- Utilize sales/marketing software packages
- Conduct sales transactions through Internet-based electronic commerce
- Provide input into product design where goods or services must be tailored to suit client's needs
- Consult with clients after sale to provide ongoing support
- Resolve product and service related problems
- Supervise activities of other technical sales specialists
Computer and technology knowledge
- MS Excel
- MS Office
- MS Outlook
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Word
Security and safety
Criminal record check
- Willing to travel regularly
- Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
1 year to less than 2 years
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in troubleshooting technical problems related to equipment; may train customers' staff in the operation and maintenance of equipment
Interest in persuading to promote sales to existing clients; may supervise the activities of other technical sales specialists
Interest in analyzing information to identify and solicit potential clients, and to consult with clients after sale to resolve problems and provide ongoing support
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.