Posted on Nov 11, 2020 by Specified Technical Sales Ltd.
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $40,000.00 to $65,000.00 annually (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 11, 2020
Specified Technical Sales Ltd.
- Bachelor's degree
- or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Word
- Accounting software
- MS Office
- MS Outlook
- Utilize sales/marketing software packages
- Supervise activities of other technical sales specialists
- Resolve product and service related problems
- Prepare and administer sales contracts
- Estimate costs of installing and maintaining equipment or service
- Consult with clients after sale to provide ongoing support
- Promote sales to existing clients
- Identify and solicit potential clients
- Assess client's needs and resources and recommend the appropriate goods or services
- Develop reports and proposals to illustrate benefits from use of good or service
- Deliver sales presentations
- Provide input into product design where goods or services must be tailored to suit client's needs
- Train customers' staff in the operation and maintenance of equipment
- Troubleshoot technical problems related to equipment
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Own vehicle
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver's licence
- Travel expenses paid by employer
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
Work Location Information
On-site customer service
- Environmental technologies
- Consulting services
- Chemicals and chemical products
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Dec 11, 2020
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in troubleshooting technical problems related to equipment; may train customers' staff in the operation and maintenance of equipment
Interest in persuading to promote sales to existing clients; may supervise the activities of other technical sales specialists
Interest in analyzing information to identify and solicit potential clients, and to consult with clients after sale to resolve problems and provide ongoing support
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.