Technical Support Supervisor
EmployerJIDI CANADA LTD.
Date PostedJanuary 05, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $28.85 to $30.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 to 35 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Feb 16, 2023
JIDI CANADA LTD.
Work site environment
- Help desk
- School or educational institution/establishment
- Language school
- Communicate electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced
- Consult user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions
- Provide advice and training to users in response to identified difficulties
- Collect, organize and maintain a problems and solutions log for use by other technical support analysts
- Participate in the redesign of applications and other software
- Supervise other technical support workers in this group
- Provide business systems, network and Internet support to users in response to identified difficulties
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software
1 to 2 people
Computer and technology knowledge
- Device drivers
- Desktop applications
- Word processing software
- Communication software
- Software development
- Wireless networks
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Internet access
- Cellular phone
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the necessary equipment for remote work (i.e. internet, home office, etc.)?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
1 year to less than 2 years
Remote work available
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information from user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions; and in collecting, organizing and maintaining problems and solution logs for use by other technical support analysts
Interest in assisting computer users by assessing and responding to their technical difficulties; may supervise other technical support workers
Interest in precision working to provide first-line technical support and advice to computer users
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.