EmployerParkland Veterinary Hospital (1999) Ltd.
Date PostedJune 10, 2022
Location Sylvan Lake, AB
Earnings $18.00 hourly
Work Hours 35 hours per week
Position Seasonal Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jul 10, 2022
Parkland Veterinary Hospital (1999) Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience an asset
Area of Specialization
- Small animals
- Emergency care
- Animal dentistry
- Veterinary clinic
- Animal hospital
- Administer treatments as prescribed by veterinarian
- Veterinary office management
- Produce diagnostic radiographs, collect samples and perform other laboratory tests
- Prepare and administer medications and vaccines under direction of veterinarian
- Handle, restrain and care for animals undergoing treatment and surgery
- Counsel clients on animal health care
- Conduct specialized procedures on animals such as animal identification and hoof trimming
- Conduct and assist in laboratory research
- Assist veterinarian before, during and after surgery
- Provide nursing care and rehabilitation therapy for animals
- Provide wound and bandage care
- Perform routine animal dental procedures and assist veterinarians with animal dentistry
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Handling heavy loads
- Attention to detail
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
Free parking available
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Are you currently a student?
- What is your current level of study?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
Full time enrollment
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in assisting veterinarians before, during and after surgery, and by preparing surgical equipment, administering and monitoring anesthetics and cleaning up after surgery; in conducting specialized procedures such as animal identification and hoof trimming, and in preparing medications and vaccines under the direction of veterinarians
Interest in operating laboratory equipment to produce X-rays radiographs, collect samples and perform other tests to assist in the diagnosis of animal health problems
Interest in compiling information from tests to assist in the diagnosis of animal health problems; and in conducting and assisting in laboratory research
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.