There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
EmployerSanta Clara Construction Ltd.
Date PostedMay 20, 2023
Location Sherwood Park, AB
Earnings $26.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Jun 03, 2023
Santa Clara Construction Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Prepare, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
- Mix, apply and spread mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives using hand trowel
- Prepare rough plans and sketches
- Set tiles in place and apply pressure to affix them to base
- Align and straighten tiles
- Cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power cutting tools
- Instruct apprentices
- Pack grout into joints between tiles and remove excess grout
- Remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles
- Lay and set mosaic tiles to create decorative wall, mural and floor designs
- Build underbeds and install anchor bolts, wires and brackets
- Cut, surface, polish and install marble and granite
- Mix, lay and polish terra surfaces
- Install tile strips
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Handling heavy loads
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Large workload
- Client focus
- Team player
1 year to less than 2 years
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings
Interest in compiling information to pack grout into joints between tiles and remove the excess; and in cutting, polishing and installing marble and granite
Interest in creating decorative designs and in removing and replacing damaged tiles
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.