EmployerLobo Ceramic Tile Ltd
Date PostedOctober 19, 2021
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $30.00 hourly
Work Hours 35 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 07, 2021
Lobo Ceramic Tile Ltd
No degree, certificate or diploma
3 years to less than 5 years
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Estimate costs and materials
- Set tiles in place and apply pressure to affix them to base
- Remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles
- Prepare, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
- Cut, surface, polish and install marble and granite
- Align and straighten tiles
- Mix, apply and spread mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives using hand trowel
- Cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power cutting tools
- Pack grout into joints between tiles and remove excess grout
- Build underbeds and install anchor bolts, wires and brackets
- Lay and set mosaic tiles to create decorative wall, mural and floor designs
- Mix, lay and polish terra surfaces
- Install tile strips
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
Work Site Environment
- Own transportation
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Large workload
Work Location Information
Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Team player
- Client focus
On the road job
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Dec 07, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings
Interest in compiling information to pack grout into joints between tiles and remove the excess; and in cutting, polishing and installing marble and granite
Interest in creating decorative designs and in removing and replacing damaged tiles
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.