EmployerJP TILES & GRANITE LTD.
Date PostedJune 10, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $750.00 weekly
Work Hours 30 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Jul 10, 2022
JP TILES & GRANITE LTD.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Supervise other workers
- Prepare rough plans and sketches
- Estimate costs and materials
- Set tiles in place and apply pressure to affix them to base
- Remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles
- Prepare, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
- Cut, surface, polish and install marble and granite
- Align and straighten tiles
- Mix, apply and spread mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives using hand trowel
- Cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power cutting tools
- Pack grout into joints between tiles and remove excess grout
- Build underbeds and install anchor bolts, wires and brackets
- Lay and set mosaic tiles to create decorative wall, mural and floor designs
- Mix, lay and polish terra surfaces
- Install tile strips
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Large workload
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings
Interest in compiling information to pack grout into joints between tiles and remove the excess; and in cutting, polishing and installing marble and granite
Interest in creating decorative designs and in removing and replacing damaged tiles
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.