EmployerCalgary General Construction Inc.
Date PostedJune 15, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $27.50 hourly
Work Hours 40 to 50 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 3  Vacancies
Closing Date Jul 23, 2022
Calgary General Construction Inc.
No degree, certificate or diploma
3 years to less than 5 years
- Set tiles in place and apply pressure to affix them to base
- Remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles
- Prepare, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
- Cut, surface, polish and install marble and granite
- Align and straighten tiles
- Mix, apply and spread mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives using hand trowel
- Cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power cutting tools
- Pack grout into joints between tiles and remove excess grout
- Build underbeds and install anchor bolts, wires and brackets
- Lay and set mosaic tiles to create decorative wall, mural and floor designs
- Mix, lay and polish terra surfaces
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Basic security clearance
- Safety equipment/gear
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
Work Site Environment
Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Large workload
Work Location Information
Willing to relocate
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
- Health care plan
- Dental plan
Long term benefits
Interest in precision working to cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings
Interest in compiling information to pack grout into joints between tiles and remove the excess; and in cutting, polishing and installing marble and granite
Interest in creating decorative designs and in removing and replacing damaged tiles
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.