EmployerCMB FLOORING LTD
Date PostedJuly 21, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $28.85 hourly
Work Hours 30 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Aug 20, 2022
CMB FLOORING LTD
No degree, certificate or diploma
Work Site Environment
- Prepare, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
- Mix, apply and spread mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives using hand trowel
- Set tiles in place and apply pressure to affix them to base
- Align and straighten tiles
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power cutting tools
- Remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles
- Lay and set mosaic tiles to create decorative wall, mural and floor designs
- Build underbeds and install anchor bolts, wires and brackets
- Estimate costs and materials
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Attention to detail
- Overtime required
- Client focus
7 months to less than 1 year
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Do you have the necessary equipment for remote work (i.e. internet, home office, etc.)?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings
Interest in compiling information to pack grout into joints between tiles and remove the excess; and in cutting, polishing and installing marble and granite
Interest in creating decorative designs and in removing and replacing damaged tiles
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.