EmployerROYAL DESIGN CENTRE
Date PostedSeptember 01, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $40.00 hourly
Work Hours 32 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 10  Vacancies
Closing Date Oct 01, 2022
ROYAL DESIGN CENTRE
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Prepare, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
- Mix, apply and spread mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives using hand trowel
- Set tiles in place and apply pressure to affix them to base
- Align and straighten tiles
- Cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power cutting tools
- Pack grout into joints between tiles and remove excess grout
- Remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles
- Lay and set mosaic tiles to create decorative wall, mural and floor designs
- Install tile strips
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Attention to detail
1 year to less than 2 years
Interest in precision working to cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings
Interest in compiling information to pack grout into joints between tiles and remove the excess; and in cutting, polishing and installing marble and granite
Interest in creating decorative designs and in removing and replacing damaged tiles
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.