EmployerDream Kitchen & Bath
Date PostedJanuary 12, 2023
Location Sherwood Park, AB
Earnings $26.50 to $27.50 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Feb 25, 2023
Dream Kitchen & Bath
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Prepare, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
- Mix, apply and spread mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives using hand trowel
- Set tiles in place and apply pressure to affix them to base
- Align and straighten tiles
- Cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power cutting tools
- Pack grout into joints between tiles and remove excess grout
- Remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles
- Lay and set mosaic tiles to create decorative wall, mural and floor designs
- Build underbeds and install anchor bolts, wires and brackets
- Cut, surface, polish and install marble and granite
- Estimate costs and materials
- Mix, lay and polish terra surfaces
- Install tile strips
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Client focus
- Team player
1 year to less than 2 years
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings
Interest in compiling information to pack grout into joints between tiles and remove the excess; and in cutting, polishing and installing marble and granite
Interest in creating decorative designs and in removing and replacing damaged tiles
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.