Transport Refrigeration Technician
EmployerPolar Mobility Research Ltd.
Date PostedJune 02, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $19.00 to $37.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Jul 02, 2022
Polar Mobility Research Ltd.
Other trades certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- 1st Period Apprentice
- 2nd Period Apprentice
- 3rd Period Apprentice
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic Red Seal Certificate
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic Trade Certification
- Transport Refrigeration Mechanic Trade Certification
2 years to less than 3 years
- Coach and instruct apprentices
- Provide customer service
- Measure, cut and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment
- Measure and lay out reference points for installation
- Handle, recover and store refrigerants
- Assemble and install refrigeration or air conditioning components
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and overhaul entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration and air conditioning systems
- Start up system and test for leaks using testing devices
- Recharge system with refrigerant, check and test regulators, calibrate system and perform routine maintenance or servicing
- Install, maintain and repair equipment in refrigerated trucks used to transport food or medical supplies
- Repair and replace parts and components for entire refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation or heat pump systems
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
- Own transportation
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
On-site customer service
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
- Health care plan
- Disability benefits
- Dental plan
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to measure and cut piping and to measure and lay out reference points for installation
Interest in recharging systems with refrigerant, checking and testing regulators and calibrating systems; and in performing routine maintenance and servicing
Interest in analyzing information to repair and replace parts and components for entire refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation and heat-pump systems; and in installing, troubleshooting and overhauling entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration and air conditioning systems
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.