Posted on Feb 22, 2021 by Timeless Upholstery
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $20.00 to $35.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 3  Vacancies
Closing Date Mar 24, 2021
No degree, certificate or diploma
5 years or more
Type of Industry Experience
- Furniture and fixtures manufacturing company
- Furniture upholstery and repair shop
- Operate sewing machines or sew by hand
- Lay out, cut, fabricate and install upholstery
- Replace worn-out webbing, springs and other furniture parts
- Repair furniture frames and refinish wood surfaces
- Discuss upholstery fabric, colour, and style with customers and provide cost estimate
- Tack, glue or sew ornamental trim, braids or buttons
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
Specialization or Experience
- Seats for stadiums, halls etc.
- Marine cabin interiors and other furnishings
- Antique furniture and furnishings
- Walls and other interior areas (i.e. partitions)
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
403-291-4848 Business Hours: 08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
Bay 8 1235 64th Ave SE
Calgary, Alberta T2H2J7
Between 08:30 AM and 04:30 PM
Mar 24, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to lay out, cut, fabricate and install upholstery in aircraft, motor vehicles, railway cars, boats and ships; may install, fabricate, maintain and repair interior components of aircraft, such as seats, coverings, drapes, cargo nets, flooring, closets, bins and panels
Interest in compiling information to install padding and underlays and to fasten covering materials to furniture frames
Interest in speaking with customers to discuss upholstery fabric, colour and style; may repair furniture frames and refinish wood surfaces
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.