User Support Technician
Date PostedJuly 27, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $40.25 hourly
Work Hours 35 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Aug 26, 2022
- Bachelor's degree
- Computer Programming/Programmer, General
- Computer Programming, Other
- Computer Science
Computer hardware or software retailer/wholesaler
- Communicate electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced
- Provide advice and training to users in response to identified difficulties
- Supervise other technical support workers in this group
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software
- Client focus
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
1 year to less than 2 years
Interest in compiling information from user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions; and in collecting, organizing and maintaining problems and solution logs for use by other technical support analysts
Interest in assisting computer users by assessing and responding to their technical difficulties; may supervise other technical support workers
Interest in precision working to provide first-line technical support and advice to computer users
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.