User Support Technician
EmployerCentral Protection Services Inc.
Date PostedSeptember 15, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $39.90 hourly
Work Hours 30 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Oct 15, 2022
Central Protection Services Inc.
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
- Communicate electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced
- Consult user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions
- Provide advice and training to users in response to identified difficulties
- Collect, organize and maintain a problems and solutions log for use by other technical support analysts
- Supervise other technical support workers in this group
- Provide business systems, network and Internet support to users in response to identified difficulties
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software
Computer and technology knowledge
- Device drivers
- Networking software
- Networking hardware
- Networking security
- Security software
- Communication software
- Programming software
- Website creation and management software
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
1 year to less than 2 years
Interest in compiling information from user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions; and in collecting, organizing and maintaining problems and solution logs for use by other technical support analysts
Interest in assisting computer users by assessing and responding to their technical difficulties; may supervise other technical support workers
Interest in precision working to provide first-line technical support and advice to computer users
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.